Friday 11 April 2014

 The Attica's Light
(pastel on canvasboard 50x30.8cm)

Between yesterday and today I have been to the British Museum to draw live the Parthenon Marbles. I called this work "ΤΟ ΦΩΣ ΤΗΣ ΑΤΤΙΚΗΣ" that means "The Attica's light". 
For someone that has lived in Athens, surrounded by its so unique light, it is quite strange to see these marbles immersed in the atmosphere of London. On this statues I can easily recognize that typical grain with its warm colored veins that were so familiar to me in the light of Attica!
By the way, I have to say that the color of my new primer for this canvas helped me so much because it successfully reached a warm color tone quite similar to the Pentelic Marble ;-)

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/poll/2014/feb/12/george-clooney-elgin-marbles-monument-men-poll

No comments:

Post a Comment